Sunday 1 October 2023

Day 25 - Cairo, Dubai and Sydney

 Day 25 - Cairo


It seemed like I had only blinked when the wake-up call we hadn’t asked for interrupted a very deep sleep at about 7:50am.  NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!!!  


So I remained in a grump for quite a while, especially when I found out we were being picked up in less than hour to go and see a couple of museums.  AGAIN, NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!!! 


For the next hour everything was a hazy blur as we scrambled to shower, pack, check out, eat breakfast, and get to the pick up point in time.  STILL NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!!! 


We met our museum guide John, and our driver, Akhmed, and headed off to the Cairo Museum.  By now I was starting to thaw as I stared (for the last time) out the van window at the remains of our wonderful holiday.  





















The Cairo Museum is very impressive and full of ancient treasures and relics, particularly the air conditioning.  The humidity was so bad inside the building we were literally swimming in our own perspiration.  But it was our last day so we decided to suck it up and enjoy a very pleasant end to our holiday touring both the Cairo Museum (especially all of the Tutankhamen treasures), and the National Museum of Egyptian Civilisation (NMEC), where we saw more than twenty Pharaoh mummies.  















Before we knew it, the time had come to part company with Wim as Maria and I headed for the airport and he to the next part of the adventure.  Au revior Wim and thank you so much for sharing this with us.


As I write this Maria and I are in the air heading to Dubai and then home.  I hope you have enjoyed reading my account of this most wonderful adventure.  


Goodbye until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 25 - Cairo, Dubai and Sydney

  Day 25 - Cairo It seemed like I had only blinked when the wake-up call we hadn’t asked for interrupted a very deep sleep at about 7:50am. ...